Tuesday, June 14, 2011

SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!

Tomorrow is my last day of work till August.  Since the school year started I have been counting down to this day and now it is upon me.  There is so much going on the next 2 months jury duty, family vacations, play dates, and maybe a little grad school.  I can't believe I am going to be able to do all of this in 2 months.

As I stood in my empty classroom today I found myself thinking about how things are different this year from last year.  Last year I left my classroom thinking I wasn't coming back.  I was convinced that I was going to be trying out a new career path.  Needless to say that didn't work out and I am still teaching.  In some ways I am glad this happened because over the last year I have rediscovered my love of teaching.  After 3 years of infertility it is refreshing to be living my life again.


1 comment:

  1. Have a great summer! I love this post because I feel that I am rediscovering my passion for my career also as I approach a life on the lucky side of the IF trenches.

    ReplyDelete