Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Back on the Horse

Well, it is official, I am back on the TTC band wagon.  Originally, I wasn't sure I wasn't sure if I wanted to get back on but WTH.  Cycle #3 has started and AF is on her way out.  There are some things that are going to be different this time around.  I am not going in with my eye closed but I am going into this with my eyes wide open.

The plan right now is to take things slow.  I am still currently breastfeeding, so seeing the RE is out of the question.  Also, I am not ready for our FET.  The plan for our little 'totscile' is to transfer a year or two from now.  If we want to transfer next summer Ant will have to self wean by his second birthday.

Currently, we are in the middle of a family diet change.  My DH has been doing lots of research on eating because of his high cholesterol.  I have also been in some forums and groups talking about how these diet changes can help with TTC.  The foods we are eliminating are meat and dairy to start.  I have opted to leave fish in once a week.  As a family we have switched to almond milk (minus my morning creamer in my coffee) and eat as meat free as possible.  This means we are eating A LOT more fruits and veggies.  Phase two would be the elimination of sugar and gluten.  Phase 3 eliminate processed foods.  

DH and have told a few friends and family about our food plan.  Some are supportive and some are not.  I will keep you posted on how our eating plan goes.


4 comments:

  1. First of all, good luck! Second, I think your eating plan is awesome! I would love to go there, but I always get major resistance from h, so kudos to yours! If you have a Trader Joes near you, their refrigerated almond milk is amazing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck on your eating plan. it took me a few years, but for the most part, we are vegetraian, sugar and gluten free, save for the rare pepperoni pizza. (i can't give those up)... also, yay for getting back on the 'horse' :-) best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the support...A funny story apparently I was telling a friend about how we were give up meat as I was eating a hot dog with cheese...LOL. I am not perfect yet but I am making better choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. donate items
    Very useful info. Hope to see more posts soon!

    ReplyDelete