Monday, August 9, 2010

Baby Sister

I am going to start my count down to 30 with a little post about my baby sister. I love my entire family but my baby sister has a special place in my heart!

Here is a picture of me and my baby sister. Throughout our journey she has been the most supportive and even offered her eggs and uterus to help us build our family. Even though we didn't end up using her eggs I will never forget her offer and how much it meant to me. But this isn't the story I want to tell about my baby sister. I want to tell you the story of her birth, well as much of it as I remember.

I don't remember when my mother went into labor with my sister but she was born on April 18th, so I am guessing on the 17th of April 1986. I was at school and I was suddenly pulled out of class. My mother was going to have my siblings and myself there for the birth of my sister. It was a very exciting day but the only thing I can remember now is that I was suppose to make a gingerbread cookie in Kindergarten that day. Still to this day I remember this event because I never got to make my gingerbread cookie. As sad as I was that day to miss out on cookie making, I know how blessed I am to have such an amazing sister. Thank you so much for being my cheerleader and BTW you still owe me a cookie ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment