Friday, June 25, 2010

4 months

Happy 4 months Ant!
It is just amazing how fast the months go by. I can't believe he is 4 months already. Today he has his 4 month appointment. I am always very anxious about Ped appointments because they weigh him and if he doesn't weigh enough the Ped talks about formula. Well for the second appointment in a row his Ped has been happy with his weight gain. He was 12lbs 9oz today and that is just 3oz shy of a 2lb weight gain in a month.
This last week has been amazing with him. I have been home with him all day (SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!) and he has FINALLY gotten the hang of nursing. It was absolutely amazing because all of a sudden on Saturday he got it. I am hopeful in a week or 2 we won't need a bottle anymore. Also I am down to 4 pumpings a day, that is down from 8!! Even with only pumping 4 times I day I end up with way to much breastmilk. I think this has a lot to do with nursing. As soon as he started nursing better my milk supply went through the roof.
For now life is great!
Here are a few pics! Enjoy!




4 comments:

  1. The huge jump in supply when he started nursing properly happened to me, too. At first I was a little worried, like, "is he suddenly not getting enough?" But the extra supply was never there at the END of a feeding - the extra came only when I'd pump a meal instead of nursing. I think it was a hormones-and-confidence thing. Like, the boobs said, "hey! this is way better than the pump! let's make more milk!"

    Keep that extra - if you never have to put it in a bottle, it's still great for helping introduce solids.

    I really like the pic of you two together. He looks pensive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you freeze the extra, you can also use it as ice cubes in his milk later on.

    so glad nursing is going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures and glad all is going well for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Isn't he just the cutest thing?!?!? Happy 4 months Ant!

    ReplyDelete