I know it has been awhile since I have written but I have been in limbo. DH and I were hoping that a possible work from home job would be finalized before Decision Day. Unfortunately the job didn't get finalized in time and now I have to go back to work on Aug 16th :(
Since we were hoping this job would work out we never secured childcare for Ant. We figured this job would work out and I would be home with him as planned. At this moment we have 2 choice.
Choice number one is a Nanny share with my friend. The problems with the nanny share is cost and my friend wasn't planning on starting till Novemeber. I think she can start in October for me but that still leaves August and September.
Choice number two is a in home daycare but the big problem is it is to far from my work. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal but DH is going on tour in October, which makes me a single parent for a month. Also I didn't like that she wanted to give Ant formula and rice ceral. I work hard to make breastmilk and if I make it he will drink it.
My choice is the obvious one of doing a nanny share with my friend. The reasons for this is because Ant is on a great schedule and I would like it to continue, he will be close to work, he could use his cloth diapers, and not be forced to eat solids before we are ready. So if money was no object we would be set. Finished...but that isn't the case.
As for Ant he is doing great. He has gained another pound so he is about 13 1/2lbs. He is nursing more but we are still supplmenting with the bottle. I was hoping I would be able to enjoy a few weeks without bottles but I am starting to think that might never happen but the most important thing is he is growing.