Thursday, October 21, 2010

Single Mama

For the last 3 weeks or so I have been a single mama. My DH has been on the road for work and he is still gone till Nov 1st. These last 3 weeks have been a learning experience of "How the heck do single moms do it?" Yes, I can do it but life is much easier with DH helping out.

Everyday when I get home I have a list of things to do to get prepared for the next day

  1. Wash pump gear
  2. Wash bottles
  3. Wash diapers
  4. Do the laundry
  5. Take out the trash
  6. Wash dishes
  7. etc!

I feel like this list is never ending. I get to a point where I think I am catching up and then something happens and I have to start ALL over again. During times like these I wish we lived closer to our families. If we lived in the same city or even state I wouldn't feel so overwhelmed. I do have friends out here but most of them have their own children or I am afraid of inconviencing them.

The other downside to being a single mama is that when I get home, I want to play with Ant. Instead I get hime all set up with toys and start on my list. After I finish my list or at least do a few of them it is cuddle time.

In times like these I am so glad I found the love of my life (DH). He helps out so much and half the time I don't even realize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment